As the Florida Panthers release their new Reverse Retro jerseys today for their game against the Flames, maybe Jonathan Huberdeau and MacKenzie Weegar won’t recognize them.
These new jerseys are unlike anything the team has ever worn in its history.
Although the Panthers and Adidas have said they’re loosely inspired by the 2009 “JetBlue” look, the electric blue jerseys in vibrant complementary colors are a bold departure from the team’s historic look.
Florida will wear them at least seven times this season, including their next three home games and Dec. 10 in Tampa.
We expect the Lightning to wear their mirrors reversed that night.
While Aaron Ekblad was one of three models the Panthers used for their on-water photo shoot, he says he’ll judge them until he sees them in full gear.
“I love them, but I’m waiting for my official opinion until we’re head to toe with them,” Ekblad said on Friday. “I really like them and it’s pretty obvious they’re a good shirt when they’re in the top five of every media list.”
HOCKEY IN FLORIDA NOW
Huberdeau says he expects this day to be emotional for him as he plays at the FLA Live Arena for the first time as an opponent.
Apparently MacKenzie Weegar told people he would get booed for saying before the season that the Flames had a better team than the Panthers, but come on.
Both players will receive a well-deserved welcome today.
It’s going to be weird for Matthew Tkachuk as he takes on his former teammates as well. But his big comeback will take place on November 29 in Calgary.
By the way, Huberdeau said he texted Sasha Barkov and hoped he would feel better and be able to play today.
Paul Maurice said he believed Barkov would return to the roster even though he didn’t practice on Friday.
– Check out the view of the Calgary Flames during Friday’s media session in Coral Springs.
– You can check out what Huberdeau and Weegar said when they spoke to the media Friday after practice in Coral Springs.
– More news on the FHN YouTube channel on which you can go RIGHT HERE or simply click on the videos below.
We have post-workout videos from Huberdeau, Weegar, Tkachuk, Ekblad and Maurice.
If you subscribe to the channel – which is free – you will be alerted whenever new content appears.
NATIONAL HOCKEY NOW
The Vegas Golden Knights celebrated Phil Kessel in his 1,000th NHL game on Thursday.
Expect. That’s 1,000 consecutive games. Nice pretty milestone right there.
— If you had a question about the Washington Capitals, the answer was probably found here.
— The Pittsburgh Penguins relax in Winnipeg.
– Roope Hintz is doing great things for the Dallas Stars. No need to tell the Panthers. They know.
PANTHERS ON DECK
CALGARY FLAMES AT THE FLORIDA PANTHERS
- When: Saturday, 4 p.m.
- Where: FLA Live Arena, sunrise
- TV: Bally Sports in Florida; NHL Network
- Radio: WPOW 96.5-FM2; WBZT 1230-AM (Palm Beach); WCTH 100.3-FM (Florida Keys); SiriusXM
- Panther Radio Broadcast: SiriusXM 932
- Last season: Split 1-1
- All-time regular season series: Calgary leads 22-11-3, 3 draws
. Panthers Florida deploy retro reverse against flames