Real Madrid star Dani Carvajal targeted by armed intruders as police investigate attempted break-in at his home

REAL MADRID star Dani Carvajal has become the latest footballer targeted by armed intruders.

Police are investigating an attempted break-in to his home near Madrid by two masked men who allegedly carried iron bars.

Carvajal’s house was targeted by intrudersCredit: Getty
Carvajal, seen here with his wife Daphne Canizares, was not at home when the attempted raid took placeCredit: Instagram / Dani.Carvajal.2
Carvajal married Daphne this year and they have a son together

5

Carvajal married Daphne this year and they have a son togetherCredit: Instagram / Dani.Carvajal.2

A police source said: “The incident happened around 2am on August 30. Nothing was stolen.”

The criminals fled the scene after realizing the Real star’s alarm system had been activated as they tried to gain access to his property.

Spain international Carvajal, who was not at home at the time, called in detectives after checking CCTV footage following the activation of his alarm system.

Details of the new incident involving Carvajal came hours after former Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang broke his silence following a terrifying burglary at his home near Barcelona.

Neville faces contempt of court lawsuit over 'comment' made during Giggs trial
Liverpool set to sign Arthur, Man Utd ANNOUNCES Antony, shock link Ronaldo

Aubameyang and his wife Alysha Behague were threatened and handcuffed in front of their two children Curtys, 11, and Pierre, six.

The Barcelona frontman suffered a broken jaw after being hit in the face with an iron bar, although some reports from Spain say the weapon used was the butt of a pistol.

Aubameyang is expected to be out of action for several weeks and could possibly undergo surgery – but he is still expected to transfer to Chelsea.

Going under the knife would see him back in action sooner than waiting for his jawbone to heal naturally.

The four masked intruders stole £600,000 in cash and jewelery after forcing their way into Aubaymeyang’s home in Castelldefels, a 30-minute drive south of Barcelona.

The 33-year-old French-born Gabon international broke his silence on Wednesday’s terrifying incident, saying his family were “no longer safe in our own home”.

He said in an Instagram post: “Hey guys, thank you so much for all the messages.

“Sunday night some violent cowards broke into our house and threatened my family and kids, just to steal stuff.

“They injured my jaw but I will recover in no time and thank God no one else was physically hurt.

“The feeling that we are no longer safe in our own home is hard to understand and describe, but as a family we will overcome this and hold on stronger than ever.

“Thank you for all the support, it really means a lot to us.”

His wife posted the footballer’s message on her own social media.

The couple were handcuffed and tied up – with Auba crushed in the chin with a barbell

5

The couple were handcuffed and tied up – with Auba crushed in the chin with a barbell
Aubameyang looks set to move to Chelsea

5

Aubameyang looks set to move to ChelseaCredit: Instagram / @auba

. star Real Madrid Dani Carvajal targeted by intruders armed so police investigate on a attempt break-in his home

. Real Madrid star Dani Carvajal targeted armed intruders police investigate attempted breakin home

PREV PM chairs emergency meeting in response to Super Typhoon Noru
NEXT Residents worry about several ‘hotspot’ erosion areas in West Maui