Your Complete Guide to the UK Student Visa

Your Complete Guide to the UK Student Visa
Your Complete Guide to the UK Student Visa
The Tier 4 visa or student visa allows students outside the UK to be eligible to study at an educational institution in the UK. These students must want to be enrolled in a full-time course at a college, university, or educational institution.

Who is eligible?

To apply for the visa, make sure

  • You are 16 or older.
  • You receive a full-time place at any UK educational institution. The institution must be eligible and your registration must meet certain requirements. You must have a full-time place, also known as 15 hours of in-class study.
  • You should have at least 40 points in the point-based assessment.
  • You want to study English B2 minimum at diploma level, and B1 is compulsory for below diploma level. There may be exceptions in some cases.

When to apply

You can apply for a visa at the earliest 6 months before starting your course. You will usually get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.

How long can you stay

The length of your stay depends on the length of your course and the studies you have already completed in the UK.

If you are 18 or over and your education is at university level, you can usually stay in the UK for up to 5 years. If it is below degree level, you can usually stay in the UK for up to 2 years.


£363 to apply for a student visa from outside the UK

£490 to extend or switch to a student visa from the UK

Documents you will need to apply

When applying for a student visa, you must provide:

  • a valid passport or other valid travel document
  • a Confirmation of Acceptance to Studies (CAS) from your course provider

You may also need to provide:

  • proof that you have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course – this will vary depending on your situation
  • a valid ATAS certificate if your training and your nationality require it
  • proof of parental consent or other legal guardian if you are under 18
  • proof of your relationship with your parent or guardian if you are under 18
  • your tuberculosis test results
  • written consent for your application from your financial sponsor if you have received sponsorship for your course fees and living expenses within the past 12 months

If you are under 18, you will need the written consent of both parents or legal guardians (or one parent if solely responsible).

This must include their consent to:

  • your visa application
  • your living and care arrangements in the UK
  • your trip to the UK

You will also need to provide a copy of your birth certificate (or other government-issued document) showing the names of your parents.

Disclaimer Statement: This content is written by an external agency. The views expressed herein are those of the respective authors/entities and do not represent the views of Economic Times (ET). ET does not guarantee, vouch for or endorse any of its content and is not responsible for it in any way. Please take all necessary steps to ensure that the information and content provided is correct, updated and verified. ET hereby disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to the report and its contents.

The article is in French

United -Kingdom

. visa student uk Your guide complete about visa student uk

. Complete Guide Student Visa

PREV Ex-Southend mayor slams Thorpe Bay speed limit plans
NEXT Manchester United turned down loan requests from Crystal Palace linked to Aaron Wan-Bissaka’s camp today